Thanks for your votes in the Nikoli Derby - 9th world championship. The champion horse was Fluffy starting from gate 19 with the horse owner mgceo. Congratulations!
We are looking forward to your turnout and the results of the 9th Nikoli Derby. Look out for announcements about that.
|Horse name||Horse owners|
|Champion||19||Fluffy||mgceo||USA||nikoli.com original T-shirt|
|2nd place||22||Sooey Cide||photosurrealism||USA||Puzzle Communication Nikoli Vol. 133|
|3rd place||23||Monkey Puzzle||monkeyfish||USA||Puzzle Communication Nikoli Vol. 133|
|4th place||24||Copper Pickle||S. Dill||USA||Puzzle Communication Nikoli Vol. 133|
|5th place||26||Bob horse||Bob||USA||Puzzle Communication Nikoli Vol. 133|
|Booby prize||46||Hayburner||Lumchan||USA||Nikoli original pen case|
92 horses entered and 87 horses started.
Duplicate entries from one email or IP address are invalid. Only the last entry from one address is considered the valid entry for that person.
Result of the all started horses
=Winners =ran whole distance
|Horse name||Horse owners|
|1||Death or Glory||furudo.erika|
|5||Going my way||mimic|
|6||Ferday Ferday Ferday||Ferday|
|10||Tenny McTennerson||Francis Heaney|
|10||A horse with no name||h3lix|
|11||The One Horse||achan1058|
|14||Something To Do||Nora|
|14||He a Stud||mattsop|
|22||Sooey Cide 2nd place||photosurrealism|
|23||Monkey Puzzle 3rd place||monkeyfish|
|24||Copper Pickle 4th place||S. Dill|
|26||Bob horse 5th place||Bob|
|46||Hayburner Booby prize||Lumchan|
|47||Fancy Dancy Magic Prancy||FartZone420|
nikoli.com staff comments
- 12 horses could get to the goal among 87 horses. (13.8%)
- This time the Derby had 87 entries, with 69 horses at gates 1 to 20 (79.3%). Only mgceo's horse Fluffy ran the whole distance. mgceo, Congratulations!
- No entries for gate number 13. This number had the chance to become a champion. Is 13 an unlucky number for you?
- All prizewinning horses were born in the United States. We have many American members, so they may know how to win the race well.
- Only two horses entered for each of the gate number 1 and 2. It seems smaller gate numbers still have a chance to win. Please continue to enter the smaller gate numbers.
Messages from the horse owners
In this Derby, we asked for request messages for a new puzzle 'Yajilin' as to become number eleven on nikoli.com. Thank you for all the many many messages.
How the winners are ranked
The gate number is the key to winning the Nikoli Derby. The smallest gate number chosen by only one person is the winner. If two or more persons choose the same gate number they will lose the race. This means that you have to choose the smallest number that nobody else has chosen to win the race. What is the smallest number from 1 to 50?
Right, of course gate number 1 has the greatest advantage, but other horse owners know that too. If say, two or more horses are entered for each of gates 1 to 30, then the horse starting from gate 31 will win. Now, you have to guess the "smaller number" of those where you will be the only starting horse. The final ranking is ordered from smaller to larger numbers.